Sunday, August 12, 2012

Raya Rant

So very recently I've been invited to dinners/ reunions by people from the past . It's very interesting how this pattern develops every single year.

As soon as it's near Hari Raya , everyone gets together to "meet up and rebuilt relationship"

Sorry , but I find that to be utter BS. Why the heck do you have to wait for Raya to rekindle whatever relationship you had ?

You had an entire year and you only chose that particular month/ day to meet people who had lost contact with you for the past 11 months .

It's like doing a head count to check that "so and so" is alive and well.
(I.e: not pregnant , no shot gun marriage , not in prison and has all their limbs attached ) 

I know it's supposed to be a joyous month/ occasion but what's the point of only meeting up that month/day and then losing contact all over again ?

Needless to say , I'm not going for any . If I want to meet up with you , I'll let you know personally . Thank you very nice .

But the funniest thing is that , I'm getting invited by :

 1) People I never talk to 

2) People who had back stabbed me / treated me like shit.
"Just because it's Raya , it doesn't automatically make you my friend ."

And just because  its a month for forgiveness , doesn't mean that everyone will automatically forgive you . Puh-lease , some people are not that gracious/ kind/ benevolent to forgive that easily . Or forget for that matter.

(If you're the kind that is quick to forgive , good for you ! The world needs more of your type .)


I know this post sounds real bitchy but I think that the only reason why people agree to meet up is not to reminisce good times but out of pure kaypohness. 

And that, drives me absolutely nuts .



No comments: