Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nostalgia

I was on Reddit today and saw a post on things that makes you feel nostalgic and it got me thinking of mine ;

Smell of new books & plastic covers -always remind me of the times we buy new school books for primary / secondary school . It was so fun to put on the plastic sleeves onto the exercise books.

How my mom used to arrange the eggs and sausages for breakfast to form smiley faces .

Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea will never fail to remind me of my mother - that was her longest scent before she switched.

Manchester United - oddly enough since I have 0 interest in European soccer . My dads a huge fan and whenever I see a pakcik wearing Man U shirts I will always be reminded of him . ( You also can tell he's a douche by the team he supports)

The Hungry Caterpillar - It was the first book I remember being tortured to read , followed by Peter & The Wolf , Heidi . Lol old school sia

Which brings to the last one for tonight-

Apo?/ Gila- Gila magazines . I literally grew up reading that cos both my maternal and paternal grandparents houses were stocked to the brim with them .

I miss my childhood . I miss that innocence . I'd do anything to go back to when we were a family , but I am also glad we turned out the way we did . I wouldn't have gone this far and gotten this strong .

I miss you Ayah.

Well sorta .







No comments: